You've seen the (jaw-dropping) pictures, and you've practiced yoga before, but are you ready to sign up for your first SUP Yoga class? The answer is YES and here are 5 reasons we think you should go for it!
1. It's not as hard as it looks! The amount of students that are surprised by their ability to complete an all-levels (beginner friendly) class is surprising and exciting. So many apprehensive first-timers leave with ear-to-ear grins because they are so pleased with themselves.
2. You get to practice OUTSIDE! Not only are you under the sun, you are on the water! An appreciation for nature and it's gifts is themed into every class in different ways. Some days we are honoring the calm, peacefulness of a glass-like ocean. Other days we are looking deeply inward to navigate the stormy seas of life. Either way, you are connecting body, mind and breath with the outdoors.
3. The level of PRESENCE found on the water is unmatchable. The focus it takes to move mindfully, maintain a steady breath, and not fall into the water is so high! There is little room left to be stressed or worried about much else!
4. It's FUN! Joining class with a friend or family member is a great healthy activity to do together with someone. Plus, the pictures will have you reminiscing forever!
5. Practicing yoga increases flexibility and strength, improves energy and vitality, prevents injury and disease, reduces stress and chronic pain, fights depression and SO MUCH MORE! If you practice, you know. If you don't, get out there and start!